Events,News,Gist,Fashion,Education,Sports and ssshhhhhhhh Gossip as in AMEBO

Featured post

Advice Me! I Was A Prostitute Before, I Am Afraid My Boyfriend Will Find Out And Dump Me

She's scared that her new man won't marry her if he gets to find out the truth about her dirty past… Read what she sent to us:- I ...

28 Dec 2015

Di'ja Opens Up On Her Relationship With Don Jazzy

The pretty Mavin Records Singer has been in the
news for the past 4 weeks.
Reason?
Citypeople claims 'She didn't make noise about it. She
called a few of her friends and her mum invited her
friends as well and traditional wedding took place in
her compound in Kaduna.'

Well in this new interview, the Mavin star, Aphrodija
talked about the first time she met Don Jazzy and
more. Read the interesting excerpts from the
interview below
Meeting Don Jazzy, I felt like I was reborn. I met him
through my manager. He told we were going to see a
producer, I didn't know where we were going so we
ended up in Don Jazzy's house. I didn't even know
where I was. I ended up meeting Baby Fresh, Altims
and a few others. They started listening to songs that
I had done before and I had this nervousness in me.
Not long after, I saw a shadow behind me and when I
turned around to see who it was at the door, it was
Don Jazzy and I almost fainted, I just told myself to
stay composed. It even got worse when Don Jazzy
started listening to my songs, I just got so nervous. 1
thing I love about Don Jazzy is that he won't promise
you anything; rather he would tell you that he would
do his best. He told us he would get back to us and
the next day he pulled a call through and that was it.
We started recording and we recorded quite a few
tracks. At that time nobody was bothered about a
contract or papers, we just wanted to work. From
there I met Reekado and then Korede Bello. We didn't
even know there was a plan; we were just happy
working and enjoying each others company. We
recorded for about 8 to 9 months at that time before
Don Jazzy even considered giving us a contract.
How did you choose your kind of music?
I didn't, like I said I just became myself. I can write a
song for 5 years. I still have songs that I haven't
finished writing since 2008. This is because there's
just this thing about been yourself. They won't sound
the same again. Some people kill themselves when
they try to be like someone else. Some artistes go to
a producer and say I love that Woju beat that Kiss
Daniel sang on, I want something like that and then
they don't make a hit out of it like Kiss Daniel did.
This is because you don't know what mood Kiss
Daniel was in when he was writing and recording
Woju. So why not just be yourself and write your
songs as they come from your heart. I like been
crazy and I experiment my craziness while recording.
Sometimes I would be like Altims or BabyFresh
please commot that thing and they would be like they
love it and I should do it again. Sometimes I would
beg them to take it off and when Don Jazzy walks in I
would be like a little disturbed and he would
encourage me to be crazy, be free and be myself, he
would say be silly, it is actually trying to be silly you
find your smartest moment. Because it is during that
moment of been silly you would realize something
that would pay off. I think Music comes with a form
of madness. You just have to be free, crazy, silly and
yourself. Don't try to please everyone, please
yourself even if it takes you to be crazy.
How were you able to convince your parents on
you doing music?
I never really did, I always got into trouble doing it
and when I went to school in Canada, I was doing it
because I was far and my brother would encourage
me to keep doing it. One of my friends put me in a
competition, it was the Beat Music Award and we
were about 200 that put in for the award and that was
my first time singing to a crowd judging me. I know
that I sang my best but it wasn't my best that came
out. I think it was the passion and everything in me. I
ended up winning the competition to my surprise.
From then on, this was in 2008, I started letting my
mom and dad know. At that point I started
understanding my dream. When I met Don Jazzy, I
was at a point where I almost felt like going back
away from music. At that point, we didn't have a
house in Lagos so I was staying with my aunt.
Imagine waking up and leaving the house at 4am in
the morning and telling her that you are going to the
studio? She'll be like, who does gospel music in the
studio at 4am? I explained to my aunt. At that time I
had met my manager, he even interviewed me and I
was like "which one be this again'. He really took his
time and I'm grateful for that. If you are really doing
something you love, it might take a long time. Some
people think I just kind of popped out. My
professional life started in 2008.
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T JUST READ DROP YOUR COMMENT.
Kindly help Share this information with all your friends and family on Facebook or Twitter, they will appreciate it. Click on any of the Share buttons Below to share now Thanks

BEST OFFER

">

Categories