Events,News,Gist,Fashion,Education,Sports and ssshhhhhhhh Gossip as in AMEBO

Featured post

Advice Me! I Was A Prostitute Before, I Am Afraid My Boyfriend Will Find Out And Dump Me

She's scared that her new man won't marry her if he gets to find out the truth about her dirty past… Read what she sent to us:- I ...

7 Jun 2014

The Best Grilled Chicken You'll Ever Have...the experience of a Naijafoodie

This article was NOT written by me, Linda. It's from a Naijafoodie recommending Jamal's Grilled Chicken. Read below...
So naturally when my cousin, Bola, told me about what in her opinion is “Naija's' most deliciously grilled chicken suya" I took it with a pinch of salt. Why? Because she easily gets impressed and she hasn't been around like me; food-wise. In my opinion the best grilled chicken I have ever had was at the Las Olas Grill in Buenos Aires, Argentina.  And in Abuja no grilled chicken beats Yahuza's' chicken suya or the Asokoro joint.  However, my curiosity got the best of me and I decided to find out for myself. As they saying go, the taste of the chicken is in the eating. Continue...



On my last business trip to Abuja I decided to see and taste for myself. I took time out from my schedule and asked my cousin, Bola, to come pick me up and take me to have a taste of this so called best kept secret. I had intentionally avoided the buffet at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, where I stayed, so that it doesn’t interfere with my appetite. The grilled chicken, called JamaI's Chicken, I was dutifully informed is a meal all by itself. I equally convinced my girlfriend, Benedicta, who was also visiting Abuja at the time from Port Harcourt to join me in the evening.

We drove for about 5 minutes until we arrived outside Jamal's Chicken Hut. It is sort of a hidden suya joint. But trust me, it’s worth finding. It is not a restaurant or a hut per se as the name implies but rather an open space sheltered by a canopy. It is located somewhere in the Wuse 2 area within the premises of an apartment building. I was told that the grill-master works as a cook in one of the flats in the building and together with his employer's wife cater for events. I also noticed a lot of other upwardly mobile young people waiting to pick up their grilled chicken too. It is a coded ABJ grilled chicken affair I thought to myself. The few that know about it don't share with the majority that don't.





The grilled chicken is prepared on a charcoal fired grill. Seating is outdoor but there's' rarely space because only 4 chairs are available. It’s probably best you order to takeaway but if you are not time-pressed for anything then I advise you order and eat in your car while chillaxing.

We ordered 2 fullchickens.  The order arrived wrapped in aluminium foil and accompanied by side onions with a very hot and spicy pepper. Benedicta and I collected the “Aboki” suya-master’s number and I promised that I would write about my grilled chicken experience when I returned to Lagos; be it good or bad.  


If these pictures looks tantalizing to you, we can assure you it tasted out of this world! For the chicken I have this to say: they’re marinated, they’re spicy and they are MEATY! The chicken is certainly not anorexic.  Their secret recipe marinade is made from all natural ingredients and infused with a blend of herbs and spices. Jamal’s grilled chicken is exceptionally seasoned and perfectly prepared. Smoky, succulent, tender and finger-licking fabulous – they have a nice kick to them – so buyer beware, you WILL be addicted!
The flavor of chicken is similar to the "malam style" grilled chicken popular in most part of the North BUT with a hint of some sort  of spice combination slightly similar to the South African seasoning you will find at Nando’s; think Nando's but multiply the deliciousness and juiciness by 100!  It was exceptional as the chicken was tender and full of flavour! It was also so, so succulently excellently tangy and mouth-watering. The spice mix is out of this world. And as a whole chicken sells for N2000 and half chicken sells for N1000 it is very reasonably priced too; considering most grilled or roasted chicken Suya parts in Abuja go for N600 apiece. We savoured every bite of it. Mmm! It was finger licking good and we wished we had ordered more!

Now back to my narrative. The following day we called back the master griller and placed orders to take back to our friends and families in Lagos and Port Harcourt respectively. We wanted to share with them our grilled chicken experience and also know what they think about the flavours. My husband had this to say when crushing meat and bone; "Chai! Chai! WetinAboki wash put for inside chicken. The best grilled chicken I have ever had!" And he should know, his love for chicken suya dates back to the mid ‘80s!
As a self- appointed Jamal’s Chicken Hut Ambassador I would like to plead to all grilled chicken disciples/lovers and fellow LIBers out there to share the link to this article via the various social media platforms out there;  Twitter, BBM broadcast, Whatsapp, Google+, Facebook etc. Help spread the grilled chicken gospel and share the love! Cheers!
JAMAL’S GRILLED CHICKEN WILL BE AT THE UPCOMING @ DMPEVENT, ABUJA
If you would like to have a taste of Jamal's Grilled Chicken you can do so at the upcoming Designer Market Place (DMP) event in Abuja on the 7th of June at the City Park, Wuse 2. 
Jamal's Chicken is in the process of opening a proper grilled chicken joint. Therefore you may wish to add them on BBM PIN 25B8266E or follow twitter handle @JamalsChickento receive updates on upcoming BBQ events, special offers and promotions.
BBM PIN: 25B8266E
Share:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

DON'T JUST READ DROP YOUR COMMENT.
Kindly help Share this information with all your friends and family on Facebook or Twitter, they will appreciate it. Click on any of the Share buttons Below to share now Thanks

BEST OFFER

">

Categories